Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Unspoken Wounds Of The Armed Forces by Steve Beedie

Dealing with the Daily

You can't hide from the fact that every day you have to face some kind of challenge. There is always a little bit of pressure at work or at home. Money is on everyone's mind and your relationships always need a little extra attention to keep things special. Life love and laughter are on everyone's agenda. To laugh more at life and to love more of everything in life. It's hard at times I understand this and I would never try and make your struggles feel less of a struggle by coming at you with some fancy psycho babble talk to make you feel a bit pumped up. That's just pointless. Much better for me to say well done. I think you are doing a fantastic job my friend. You truly are an amazing person and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Only you can know the depth of your struggle and how hard it's been. At least this makes us both equals in the face of our journey together. We have both faced hard times or continue to face them with as much belief in the idea that we can deal with what ever today brings. You can deal with today because you managed to deal with yesterday. I only wish to pass on one little piece of advice.

Be a little bit kinder to yourself.

You've done so much these last few weeks and it's been tough on you. Dealing with family friends and probably having to act as agony aunt or crying shoulder a few times. The dreaded housework keeps piling up and the dishes getting higher can feel like a mountain of pressure alone. And then the bloody washing machine starts with his moaning noises. You know the ones I mean. That “I don't feel like playing today” noises. It's hard to stay cool when all the little things are piling up daily and it feels like you are the only one dealing with them. If your like me and you have one or four kids, you have bullies, teachers reports and homework to deal with on top of the every day crap that keeps coming your way. So today I just want to say one thing to you my friend. We're in this shit together. The daily battle of the little things that mount up to make you feel like your all alone in the fight. Together we can beat the piles of dishes and moaning noises from poorly made washing machines. Today you can feel like someone understands how you feel under all this rising pressure. I know how it feels to have bullies hurting your babies and teachers expecting you to understand what a-x times apple pie is. I get that you are pissed of with how no one seems to acknowledge your hard work and never ending ability to make the impossible happen. I think you are one of the most inspiring people I have ever had the privilege to know. So you keep on doing what you're doing. Keep on dealing with the daily grind and maybe one day we can both find ourselves happily smiling with the fact we never ever gave up hope. I know you won't because I won't ever give up on you. You're just too damn important.

And somewhere along this craziness you can overcome the monster which is PTSD. Because at times it just feels like it takes a back seat under all the other daily crap you have to deal with. But I know it's there in the back of your mind because you hope for just one day that it will not play a part in your day. Hoping to enjoy just a normal day is as much as you can wish for at times can seem like you're going crazy. Trust me my friend. It's not just you hoping for a little bit of normality. I guess that makes us all a little insane huh!

I will be here with you as much as I can. Dealing with the dishes and wishing for the washing up fairy to come and sprinkle some magic on this self generating pile of clothes.

Love Steve

https://www.facebook.com/UnspokenWounds

No comments:

Post a Comment