Monday, August 26, 2013

Stop Holding on to the Past, It has no place in your Future

I screwed up so badly in the past that I still carry some heavy baggage. Yet despite it all, I learned to put down the baggage in order to move forward. Even though things at times are not as they should or I would hope, I feel empowered and excited about my life.  You see, I went from feeling bad about myself, from living in victim mentality to choosing to create a new life, a life I envisioned yet never dared to pursue.

Yesterday was a great day, you see my past mistakes impacted others and as much as I had committed to moving forward I felt bad for the pain I caused others. Well, yesterday my Dad hugged me and said, "no matter what happens everything will be alright, we will all be good". Let me tell you that it was like a ton of bricks lifting from my back. Because I know my responsibility, my role in his pain and it was difficult not worrying knowing I had done wrong by him.
 
Stop holding on to the past, it has no place in your future. 
You see forgiveness is not about forgetting, it's about choosing to move on. It's about understanding that holding on to mistakes, to pain will not make things right. It's about choosing that even though you hurt me, I love you more than any pain.

I was blessed with that moment......
Yet that does not mean we stop trying, right? We keep working to make a better future, knowing that no matter what it will all be alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment