Monday, August 26, 2013

Holding Hands

I was driving home when I noticed a couple walking their dog.  For some reason as I passed them I looked through the rear view mirror and saw him stretch out his arm, open his hand and his wife simply placed her hand in his and they continued walking.


I felt good seeing that.
You see I never had that, I lived in a marriage for 22 years in which I needed to be thankful my husband worked, provided, was simply home.  Yet there was no affection, no desire to do the little things that do a long way.

I saw that simple action and I continued to drive home with a smile.  To all that read this, do the little things, as simple as they may seem they make a big difference in your relationship.  Make the time to give more, to do more.  Do it not to simply please, but because when you give the best of yourself you draw the best of others upon you.

Hold hands....it feels good, it looks good and it gives hope to those like me that simply never had it.

- Eileen Gonzalez


No comments:

Post a Comment