Friday, December 23, 2011

Life doesn't always go as planned

This week we approached the Christmas Holiday....in my house this time of the year is huge...
I personally love Christmas, it just makes me want to be better in general.

Monday, came in with a bang, day started going well yet towards mid to late afternoon
life just began doing its own thing.   I had an argument with someone close whom I love,   my husband fell ill and required emergency surgery and Christmas was promising to be ruined.   As I sat in the ER with my husband having heard the surgeon tell us of the issue,  I felt that despite Christmas being almost ruined, we were in the situation we were as God was saving my husbands life.   You see my husband does not like doctors, he will not go unless HE HAS TO......He had been complaining for months of having stomach problems, digesting his food and getting the runs each time.  He blamed it on the food.   Being that there was no specific menu affecting him I told him to go to the doctor.  His response, "I dont have money for the doctor".  The pain began again on Sunday,  he continued to do his thing throughout the day,  however went to bed early that night as he really felt worn out.   The next day he went to work and the pain continued, he called me to tell me about the pain however continued to refuse to seek help.   During lunch period, same day, he felt a sharp pain which moved through his crotch and lower back, at this point he could no longer stand straight.....he was in sever pain, he decided to call me and have me schedule an appointment which i quickly did.  

The Doctor sent my husband to the ER as she suspected Apendicitis or Hernia.......I met up with him that afternoon to later find out he had Acute Perforated Diverticulitus.   He requierd an emergency operation as their was infection and severe pain.   The "fun" was about to begin.  

I don't need my husband....I want my husband.....I want to be old with him, sit back and think back at the life we have shared and the stories we have survived and when something like this shows up, you kind of refocus on that long term goal.   I did not want to risk that dream of being with my husband, I love that man.  I love him as he is, faults and all.   After all, he tolerates me pretty well as well. 

After the surgery they told us he would spend Christmas at the hopital.....no way around that.

The original plans were...... to go to the city on Christmas Eve with my son who is coming home from Military leave (USMC) and Christmas Day at my sisters.   New Years Eve, we were hosting a party.  

Our plans now..... are to play it by ear.....and be thankful he went to the doctor on time and fixed the problem.

I honestly believe God made his pain worse to force him to go to the doctor, as if he would have waited as he intended to do,  the infection caused by the rupture would have poisened his insides.  

Life doesn't always go as planned...yet when things happen rather than be upset, you need to analyze why they happened, you just might find something great and beyond your comprehension at work.

I am thankful my husband will have a full recovery and going forward I will make sure he goes to the doctor as needed without waiting to the last minute.    I am thankful for second chances.......

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment