Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's not the Money - It's your Client's

OK….so you want to start your own business and here you are focusing on the MONEY!
Yes we all like money…trust me, cash is king.  Yet money should not be your main focus. Your focus needs to be your clients, your service.  However do you know who they are?  Do you know how your services can benefit them?  Is your message clear?
As a new Entrepreneur these questions have really made me scratch my head, why?  Well to begin with I knew what I wanted to offer and why.  Yet getting clear on who exactly needed my services or on how to explain my services to those that were on the fence was a challenge.   Money???  Money is the last thing on my mind at this time, yes, I do want it yet my focus is on my CUSTOMER.
Understanding who my customers are, what they need and why? That is what is going to help me get to point A to point B.
In order for me to get clear on who my customers are, I needed to get clear on what my mission statement was.  Why?  Well, I needed to be able to have a clear understanding of my goal, and on what I can and can’t do.  A mission statement provides a clear brief description of what your business is about and if stated correctly can define the value of what you offer to those that are still undecided as to using your product or services.
Therefore outline your mission statement:
  • Define your client base (age, gender, etc)
  • Define the benefits of your services
  • Define your commitments

Get clear on defining your business, focus on your clients and don’t worry about the money….Happy Customers equals Money!


No comments:

Post a Comment