Saturday, March 31, 2012

Writing: LIfe According to Me

Writing Life According to Me began as a journal.   It was meant to allow me to get clear on who I really was. I had been on a journey to self-discovery and although I felt motivated, there was so much about myself I did not fully understand.  This so called journal forced me to open up and be honest with ME. 


·         Who was I?

·         Why did I act or react as I did?

·         Who did I want to be?

·         What did I want out of life?

·         What would make me happy?

During this time, I was experiencing emotions of fear, uncertainty doubt and guilt.
I would find myself writing letting my pure emotions flow, and at times that would be tears.
As I continued this process, I was diagnosed with Anxiety and told that if I continued stressing as I was

I would cause myself a heart attack.  Heading home, I kept replaying the words……..”I will cause myself a heart attack”, then something fantastic happened.  At that moment I knew that IF I could cause a heart attack I could also prevent it.

I had just been giving a clean bill of health, I had no illness or concerns other than being a heavy woman.  Therefore It was all up to me and it ws time I made a decision.    It’s funny how you change when you feel pinned against a wall.

I wish I could explain to you what happened inside me yet I would not know where to begin.   Yet I know that understanding  that I had the power to either get better or worse, it was like flipping a switch in me and suddenly I was transformed.   All of a sudden

I could see,  I knew what I needed to do and I have not looked back since. 

To me looking back is only helpful when we look to see our growth.   Looking back and dwelling on past failures or sorrows only makes you relive those painful events and holds you back from moving toward your goals.

Writing Life According to Me, was the best thing that happened to me,  it saved my life from
the old ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment