Monday, March 12, 2012

I am going to take you back in time to the moment of my transformation. I was serving Grand Jury and my life was a mess. I was seriously in debt, had no way to get a loan due to BAD CREDIT and we were in trouble. I was sitting in Grand Jury listening to people that had done things out of desperation and even though I was not one of them, I felt afraid. Afraid of feeling that desperate, knowing... I was there or very close. I was not sleeping, constantly crying and just had no answers. I was already on my journey to a better me yet, I had failed at one thing. I DID NOT BELIEVE IN MYSELF.

I began to get nervous, would have what i call "hot flashes" that would come over out of fear, I was not sleeping as my mind could not rest and I did not dare speak about this to no one. I was breathing hard and I began to fear a heart attack.

I called my sister and told her I was scared and together we went to the doctor. I had tests done, they sent me for blood work and was told i was very healthy yet I was experiencing ANXIETY. My Doctor told me that many people were experiencng the same issues I was AND that if i continued to focus on my problems I WOULD CAUSE MYSELF A HEART ATTACK.

I went home feeling good about being healthy however her words kept repeating in my mind. " I will cause a heart attack". as I kept hearing the words, my next thought was "I can cause myself a heart attack OR i can avoid it by taking control". Right there and then I knew without a doubt that I had to CHANGE, that I COULD NO LONGER take the pain, and that IT WAS UP TO ME.

i have never been the same person since. I am better, stronger, wiser from the moment I CHOSE to take control.

My journey has been almost 3 years in the making.......YET IT TOOK that one incident, that one moment, the knowing I could no longer live that way. to transform myself.
I share this with you, because we ALL have issues, we all have excess baggage. It's not the issues we have, but how we deal with them that matters. Whatever you might be experiencing today, please hang in there. You will change, you will get better, but first you need to find that moment, you need to find yourself.

One thing I learned is that you can't fix anything when you are stuck in your negative thoughts. You can't think clearly when all you see is darkness around you. As difficult as it might sound you need TO NOT give up and SEARCH within YOU for the answers to your problem.

You can do this.....don't give up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment