Thursday, March 1, 2012

Parenting is not EASY

Being a parent is a tough job.  You find yourself wishing that your kids eventually appreciate what you do for them and you wish they learn the lessons without falling to hard.   You find yourself wanting to protect, yet you don’t help them if you spare them from all the experiences life has to offer.  

I am very close to my kids, yet I find myself in a constant struggle with my oldest as he is in his early twenties and feels that he has all the answers.   He has an attitude and a mouth to go with his beliefs, very stubborn and as you can imagine will not listen.   Sound familiar?  Well, I know I was that kid several years ago, except for the “mouth” as my parents were no joke.  

What can I do?  Not much at this time. I must wait for him to come around.   I must stay open as a loving Mom so that when he does come around, I am here to receive him with open arms.   I am far from a perfect Mom….I know that I have made mistakes and I also know that “I don’t know everything”.  Yet I also know that I love my kids more than they will ever know.   Let me stop myself there…..they will one day know it well, as they will have children of their own and they will love those kids as much as I love them today.

To all the parents out there reading this…..please
do not give up on your kids….NO MATTER how tough it gets.   Some kids are tougher than others and require more time to turn around.   Our love must be persistent throughout time.  One day, they will come around, might be in a day, a week, a month, a year or several years….. We must be patient and faithful.  

Our kids need us, even if they don’t know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment