Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Stranger within - The Real Me!

When I look into the mirror I see a stranger, a strong, solid individual.  Someone who will stand up and face adversity, someone who is not fazed by much.  Yet how did this person appear. who let her out?  Why was this person not present earlier in my life?

This stranger was no stranger, in fact, this stranger was the real ME, the me from within, the person I was meant to be yet I feared to unleash.  The person who could create the life I was meant to live yet I had her locked up and forced her to conform to the ideas of others.   This stranger from within came to rescue me in my darkest moments, she broke free from the chains I had forged for her, she unsealed her lips and spoke up, she lifted me up and helped me rise from the ashes.  This stranger represents freedom, life, love, spirituality, this stranger is me....the real me.

When I look into the mirror I realize that it took hitting rock bottom and almost losing myself to force me to unlock the real me.......to find my strength. 

There is someone within you that is ready to come out.  This person is the real you, your strength, your rock. It is who can take you from where you are to where you want to be.   If you are feeling lost, you need to look within and allow yourself to be free.  It's time you unleash the real you, that you allow your voice to be heard, its time you start to live the life you were meant to live.

Today as I look into the mirror I can't help but wonder, who was the real stranger, the Me that emerged or the Me who I endured for so many years?

No comments:

Post a Comment