Saturday, November 9, 2013

I am amazed at my strength!


When I stare myself in the mirror, there are days I don't recognize me. I never imagined I could be this strong. I never imagined that others comments, complaints or opinions would simply slide off me as if I were covered in oil.  I never imagined that loved ones would turn there back on me and that I would continue moving forward without missing a beet.  I never in my wildest dream thought I would be exploring new ventures without someone to guide me, teach me or even a guaranteed outcome.

OH MY, who is this woman in the mirror?   I can honestly tell you that not so long ago, when I entered a room, I thought my weight was being calculated from the moment I walked in. Today, Eileen walks in that door, I look others in the eye and I will speak my mind. Why?. Because I can.......that simple.  It's not that I am more deserving, I am as deserving.  I finally understood that the biggest limitations in my life were caused by my personal negative chatter, the personal low self-esteem and by always second guessing myself.  I finally understood that I deserved more than I had allowed myself and that I was here with a purpose to fulfill and it was my GOD given right to pursue and achieve it.   I finally understood that those that loved me did love me yet their role in life was not to define me.  That was MY JOB!

When I stare myself in the mirror, I see a strong, determined woman.  A woman who does not have all the answers but has much determination.  I have the desire, the want, the mindset to go make it happen.  How quickly will they come to pass?  I am not sure, but I know one thing.....it's all tied to my efforts.

Where are you?
How are you feeling about you?
What are you willing to do to get stronger?

No one has a right to define you.....that is your right.  You can choose to give it away, yet you will only reach your full potential, when you tap into your inner strength and pursue your goals, your purpose.

How did I change?  How did I become this strong?  I can tell you I did not do it intentionally.
I just got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  I got angry enough to put myself first.
Hitting Rock Bottom for me was a gift....because I was able to channel all the emotions and use them to become  A WARRIOR!





No comments:

Post a Comment