Sunday, January 1, 2012

Farewell to 2011 - Welcome 2012

2011 was a special year in my life as well as for my husband.  All the mistakes we made throughout the years came together and exploded in 2011 leaving us with no where to go, no options, no hope, no way out, "or so we thought".  In the midst of darkness and desperation, rose an inner strength I did not know I had.  I was awakened to all that was around me and open to new things, new thoughts, new ways.  I had become open to "trying"  It's funny as I use the word "trying", I always said " I tried this or that", yet I was afraid of really trying.  I was afraid of the "what if " which kept me stuck in the "what I know".   The problem with that mentality was that the "I know" was not good or promising.  I needed to realize that where I was at the time could not continue to be.  I could no longer continue that path of destruction; as I was hurting not just myself, or our marriage but our family.   My husband and I made many mistakes as a couple however it was important for me to become accountable and to identify the mistakes made and take ownership of them.  Taking ownership of the mistakes and the recovery was essential for me as this empowered me.  Once I did this,  I felt stronger to take on the issues and to help my husband through the process.  2011 left us with huge scars,  however it left us with the strength, wisdom and determination to make things right.  As I look back at this year I will forever be grateful for the lessons learned and the road map forged in tears of pain, frustration as well as excitement of promise and determination to achieve the new goals in 2012. 

The Law of Attraction says that like attracts like, and that whatever emotion or thought you send out to the universe, you will get more of.  I believe this statement with all my heart.    I spent too many years playing the blame game and feeling sorry for our situation, never thinking we would get ahead.  Thus getting more of what I believed to be true (more misery).   

2012 is a promising year, today is the first day of the year and we have a road map to get us where we want / need to be. We are equipped for the journey knowing that this new year will be as great as we make it.  Nothing will come to us without our effort and determination.   I am excited about what is coming our way,
I am excited of the new skills I will learn, the new opportunities that will arise and of the new person (Me) that will surface out of all these experiences.  

I am aware of the debris that I still have to remove from the 2011 storms (mistakes)  yet I am focused on the present goals not the left over debris.   As I move forward and attain each goal the debris will begin to clear away,  

If you are in a similar situation and trying to make a change in your life.  Know three steps that you must be ready to follow

1-  Identify who you are and what you want in 2012
2-  Believe that you  a-deserve it   b-are capable of attaining
3-  Move forward toward your goals 

You need all three steps.  You can't work on a goal if you are not clear on why you really want it and if you don't believe in your abilities.   You must go three for three in this process.  

If you do not believe or trust in your abilities you are emitting lack of trust in yourself, thus increasing the doubt in your abilities.  Remember we believe what we see, and when we convince ourselves of lack,  we can only see lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment