Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Prayer

A prayer that gets me through the day:

• I pray that I can see clearly so as not to miss anything that is
meant to be seen.

• I pray that I can hear clearly so as not to miss anything that is
meant to be heard.

• I pray that I can remember clearly so as not to forget anything
that is meant to be remembered.

• I pray that I can understand clearly everything that was meant
for me to understand.

• I pray that I know everything that was meant for me to know.

• I pray that I can appreciate everything that was meant to be
appreciated.

• I pray that I can give love and forgiveness in place of criticism
and pain, as I wish for myself.

• I pray for the wisdom that comes only from God’s grace so that
I can analyze whatever I am dealing with clearly.


I never liked praying as a young girl. I did not appreciate having to repeat
prayers, for after a while, doing so became meaningless to me. It was just
memorized words repeated quickly in order to get it over with. After
I began discovering myself, I saw prayer in a different light. I see it as
a conversation with God . . . The prayer I wrote above came from my
getting to know who I truly am and taking a good look at myself and the
role I play in life. My life is just like this book; everything is connected. I
am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, cousin, neighbor, coworker, and more.

Prayer to me is a conversation, a way to reconnect, to achieve clarity and find the peace
from within that can only come from the spirit of my higher source.

1 comment:

  1. This is a a beautiful prayer. Thank you for all that you do to assist others on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete