Monday, December 16, 2013

I found my light in my darkest moment!

The greatest moment of my life came from hitting rock bottom. The greatest moment of my life came after wanting and begging for death. The greatest moment of my life came when I felt alone, abandoned, scared and confused. The greatest moment in my life came from pure darkness, from tears of fear, from feeling a failure, from feeling shame. 

I was broken, I was distraught.....I had no one to speak with, I feared reaching out. I learned so much in that moment....I grabbed on to a little bit of faith....it was weak faith, but I held on to the belief that God had to want more for me. I held on to the belief that if others could do it....why not me? It was that little bit of faith that helped me hold on, and in my darkness I found ME....I found strength. I found enough ANGER to push me forward and to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It was in that moment and by finding me, by finding that strength that I found GOD.

You see I had given up on GOD. Yet GOD lived within me. He was there but I could not see or feel him because i was too busy wallowing in self pity. When I found me.....I opened up and found the tools that GOD had given me. I found the voice God had given me and I found the strength that God had given me.

The greatest moment of my life was when I hit rock bottom, was broken and afraid. The greatest moment of my life was when I reached out and held GOD's hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment