Monday, July 15, 2013

We all Deserve better!

November 16, 2011

That was the date I founded this page. I remember that day well because it was my sisters anniversary date and I was in my room debating if to start the page or not. Thoughts ran through my mind, "Will anyone be interested?, Will they care of what I have to say?, Can I grab their attention?, Can I help anyone?"

I did not have the answers to any of this. I was afraid, shy and most of all BROKEN. Yet I had just found hope and I felt I owed a favor to my God. I felt that I needed to pass on the hope, the light he had given me through his mercy. I knew I was not the smartest person, the best qualified but I knew I would let God use my thoughts, my words, my hands, my laptop, this page to get to those who needed the message of hope.

Connecting with you not only served to connect and share, but it did something bigger, it allowed me to heal my broken heart. It allowed me to continue to get stronger. You see I was ashamed of my mistakes, I felt lonely, and I felt my mistakes defined me as a person. I felt that my mistakes would never allow me to move toward better. Yet God was merciful with me when I was weak in faith. He showed me a glimpse of light and I dared to believe that the light could lead me out of my darkness. I did not know what else lurked in that darkness but I knew I had to let that little faith pull me through.

November 16,2011 It had been exactly 3½ years from when I knew I had to change to when I finally understood I needed to change. You see its not the same thing to know vs. understand. I know I should not text while driving, when I understand the consequences I will not text while driving.........see my point.

Today is July 15th 2013 and I look at my life and how far I have come from that day. I can remember the
Change leads to Transformation
pain, yet it does not hurt me. I can remember the loneliness yet I am not alone, I remember the fear yet I am not afraid. Today I stand strong......I know what I want and where I am going. I am not afraid to make mistakes. I am here to live, to live life according to me. You see some of you might find those words harsh, "Life According to Me" yet don't be mistaken, living life my way is how God intended. Why? Because I found my voice, I found my strength, I found my courage, but I found it all because I found my GOD. Living Life According to Me means living the life I was meant to live, fulfilling my purpose, becoming the best version of myself so that I can give the very best of me to others.

Life According to Me is not about being selfish, or breaking rules....it is about knowing, understanding that God created me for more and that by taking control of my life, ,my thoughts, my words, my actions I give way to Gods blessings in me.

Understanding was just the tip of the iceberg. So many of you ask me how to get started or you feel that I am strong and you are not. That is far from the truth. You see I was right where you are.....it does not matter if you are in India, Egypt, California or Australia etc.......we all want better....we all want to achieve our personal dreams. It doe not matter where we are from we have the right to choose our lives, understanding of course the differences in culture, you should still be able to get clear on what you want and define your life. That is your basic right! However once we get clear on what we want, its not enough to simply wish for things to happen, we need to be willing to make things happen. We need to believe that we are capable and deserving. Which brings the word "deserving" to light. So many people still have a problem with that word. It implies "entitlement". Guess what? It doesn't....it just means you deserve to live the life you were meant to live, YOUR LIFE!  We at times are afraid to ask, afraid to seem like we want more. We are so quick to classify things as greed, etc.

I have learned in this journey....that my biggest limitation in my entire life was my thinking. It was believing I did not deserve more, that I was meant for less and that I needed to be content with that. I believed I had an invisible cap that kept me from growing or excelling further than I had. I had reached that invisible ceiling and from their on I would fight to maintain or watch it diminish. Such negative thinking...yet that is how I lived.

Now I look back and I see that as bad behavior. I must admit, being on this journey does not mean I do not feel fear, I sure do!, however I choose to move forward despite the fear. My attitude now is get clear and do it. I am not here to be defined by others, or challenged by others......I am here to define myself and to push myself toward where I want to go. I am here to become the best version of me and to do so with love and respect to all those that allow me to participate in their lives.

I am not where I need to be but I am well on my way. I live in the fire just like many of you, day by day making choices, hoping for good, however I know I can't just hope for things I have to be wiling to make them happen.

God bless you All! and to those that do not believe in my God....I still wish you the very best because you deserve happiness, just like we that believe deserve. Let's dare to create our lives....lets do it because we DESERVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment