Wednesday, July 3, 2013

End of a Marriage!

It is sad to a see a marriage end, yet the end of a marriage is the end of a journey......When one journey ends we embark on a new one. When 2013 began I had no idea I would be going down this path, but it happened. One day I opened my eyes and I realized I had lied to myself and had settled for less than I deserved. But I am no victim as I know in my heart my husband needed someone better as well. He deserves to find happiness, bliss just like I do. This marriage did not fall apart due to one being evil, it fell apart because we were just not the perfect match. On July 7th I would had celebrated 23 years - seems like a lifetime, yet the relationship was not there to save. I walk away with this, being thankful for the years of hard work he gave his family, for the two beautiful children we made together and I walk away knowing we are both still young to pick up our lives and find the happiness we both deserve.

I know what I want, I know where I am headed and I know what I will give when the time is right.

If you are going through a divorce, know that life does not end with divorce. When one door closes another will open. We should never resort to divorce without trying to save our marriage, but we can't live a lie......we can't hold on to something that is not there.

If you are going through a divorce, push aside the pain, walk away with gratitude for the good that once was shared and be grateful for both now have the opportunity to start again.

God bless you all........and keep your head held high for good things are on the way!

Picture below shows comparison from wedding date July 7th 1990 and Present time!

No comments:

Post a Comment