Saturday, June 29, 2013

Thankful for Second Chances!

I went out for a drive and as many of you know, I take these drives to clear my mind. Well, I did not get far. Why?, you might wonder. Well as I am driving my mind is at work and my inner voice instructs me to come back home. It says, "Go home, clean house you have to get your life in order". When I heard this I thought, "Yes, I need to clean house, reorganize myself, my thoughts, feel good about my environment, see life through clear eyes". So I head back, I decide to drive down Riverhead which is a bit longer drive, however I took that road. As I get on to the LIE, I drive past a section and then it hit me...... Am I am thankful or grateful as I can be?

In that very spot 4-5 years ago I had an incident that could have changed my life and my family’s life yet tragedy was avoided. It was a snowy day and I had just left my sister’s home, I was with my Mom and my Daughter. As I got into the LIE, my car slid and took off downhill, crossed the three lanes right in front of a truck and other vehicles, my car jumped through the center which is deep yet it flew landed in the other side of traffic yet when it did my car swirled and turned back to where I came from and came to a full stop. By my car turning it avoided the other side of traffic. I had just missed getting slammed by a truck, avoided my car falling into the ditch and was spared of the next incoming traffic. I had no time to think, to pray. For some reason I just held on to the steering wheel and never attempted to turn, it was out of my hands. I knew back then it was a miracle we had not gotten hurt, yet how grateful have I been? You see I believe God has been in my life for a long time yet back then I was not looking for him. I was a resentful woman and I believe God has plans in my life. I don't know why I remembered this episode as I drove down the LIE today however I do know its tied to my need to clean house. I have a purpose to fulfill and I am not doing it, I have to clear my mind, be thankful for the opportunities and get to work.

I am thankful for second chances, thankful for health and for the ability to move forward in life. I am thankful for reminders, for the love and mercy bestowed upon me. I am thankful for the patience and for the wisdom at times shared with me. Life has been a journey, an interesting one I might add. Yet with all its ups and downs, twists and turns, bumps and bruises, I have been made stronger, wiser, tougher. I am not where I need to be, yet I am well on my way. God gave me a chance and I am going to take it. Life is not about wishing for things it’s about using what you have to make them happen. Why my life is not the same, we will never know yet we do know that you and I have the same opportunity, we just need to go out and take it.

Be thankful for what you have, Be thankful for the second chances, Be thankful for the lessons learned.

http://www.eileengonzalezlifeaccordingtome.com/#!services/c5ro

No comments:

Post a Comment