Monday, June 3, 2013

Change requires re-adjustment of how we think

I believed I knew who I was and what I wanted in life; yet not until I began my journey did I realize I knew very little of who I was. Understanding who I was became a true challenge for me as I had to break free of beliefs that were ingrained in me throughout a lifetime. I had to force myself to see myself through my eyes instead of through the eyes of those I loved or surrounded me. This was very difficult as I had learned to judge myself by what others said about me, expected from me or had told me I could achieve. Change requires a re-adjustment of how we think, and in my case it did not happen overnight; it took me a long time to figure it out.  When I began this journey I had no idea how difficult it would be or how long it would take, yet one thing was clear, I could not turn back. I was clear that my past was full of mistakes and I needed to get myself on the right path.  There were times that I would shake my head wondering what I was doing wrong? why change or improvement was taking so long?, however change was happening behind the scenes. I was changing, I was getting stronger, I was pushing myself and even though I did not see what I wanted, I was getting better.  There are times that we give up because we don't see the changes occur quick enough, we want instant gratification and having to wait does not work for us. Yet we need to remember that these mistake, these issues, these painful events did not happen overnight.  We worked hard at messing up and sometimes repeated the mistake several times which just dug our hole deeper.  Therefore when we make the conscious choice to change, we can't just give up, we need to be open to change and patient with ourselves.

The first step is to get clear, to understand who you are and what you want.
The second step is to define what your goals are with timelines
The third step is to believe you have the potential to achieve
The fourth step is to take action

http://www.eileengonzalezlifeaccordingtome.com/#!services/c5ro

No comments:

Post a Comment