Monday, November 12, 2012

I am strong

I used to be somewhat strong yet lacked confidence. I used to give in at times to please others. I used to settle for what others said I deserved or could have. My journey to self-discovery has changed me in so many ways.

I am no longer affected by problems as I once was. I acknowledge them yet move on to the solution
  • I am no longer in the people pleasing business. I know what I want, know what I deserve and am willing to move forward no matter what challenges I might face. 
  • I don’t settle…..someone else’s idea on what my life should be is just an opinion not my reality 
  • I have an increased level of patience for people, however I have little tolerance for the “victim” mentality. 
  • I don’t ask permission, I inform those that need to know. 
  • I am capable of giving forgiveness to myself or others 
  • I am capable of moving on 
  • I am open to dreaming big 
  • I love myself just how I am 
  • I don’t apologize for being me 

As I write these things I am amazed at how much I have changed, in fact I am so much stronger than I ever have been and I know that this is just the beginning. As I look forward as to where I am headed I realize I have yet so much to learn and so much to keep growing. I am writing my story as I go and I am loving every minute of it.

My best advice to whomever is reading this is to be open to discovering who you are. Grant yourself forgiveness no matter how bad you feel you messed up.  Be open to learning new things and pushing yourself past what you believe to be your limits. Don't settle for anything less than what you deserve. Love who you are because you are a gift to the world and we need you just like you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment