Monday, April 2, 2012

Support those you love NO MATTER WHAT

My husband was doing really good yesterday after his surgery, he walked and stood up using his own strength.

However as the day progressed he began to feel a lot of pain and was in tears of how bad it was. The RN , nurses and Pain Management came to see him.  His pain was a result of two things:
1-      Machine that releases pain medicine was not working (OUCH)
2-      Gas
The nurse was trying to get my husband to get up to relieve his gas pain.  She was trying, he was mean.
She would speak to him, he would get rude,  my husband was in serious pain.   She says, “Sir, I have seen this before, you will not get up due to the pain and it will get more painful”.  I interrupt………and I say to my husband in Spanish, “ You are going to get up now….your pain is gas and you need to beat it, grab on to me and we will get you up,  Do you trust me?”  In tears he says, “Yes”.  He got up.    The nurse sees me give him support and asks me, “Are you a trained nurse?”  I respond, “nope just a wife”.
She says, well I don’t know what you said, and you have technique, so if I need help, you are my girl”. 
I want to share this with you….not because I did a great thing, instead because WE “spouse, partner”; we offer great support to our loved ones.  There are times one of us will not know how to move forward or how to hold on and that is when we need to become each other’s

Support System.   There is no greater love than to be there for the other NO MATTER WHAT. 
Sometimes that means being tough, being the strong one while the other i
s weak.   
Remember: There is strength in numbers and together you are invincible

No comments:

Post a Comment