Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Enough with Excuses

We sometimes feel cheated out in life. Someone else always seems to get the things they want. I mean, if only we could have some of their luck, right? Well, it might seem that way yet how about if we looked at what those people do. Coul...d it be they are more determined, more focused, more willing to do what needs to be done, could it be they just want success more than we do?

God or the Universe did not select a few to do good and then wished the rest of us luck. We were all given the same opportunities…..Don’t tell me that you live in a ghetto neighborhood, or that you live in a trailer park or that your Dad works three jobs just to be broke or that you learn slower than others. WE all have issues….we all have a story to tell and a million reasons why not to try. Yet we have one reason to get up and say “ENOUGH with EXCUSES”…..and that is that we deserve better. Maybe you need to work the three jobs to get through school, maybe you need to walk 2 hours to find a bus, maybe you need to study all night and get tutors to understand the material, maybe you need to overcome your fears…..but it’s all worth it.

Your parents situation does not define you. If your parents were broke, then use their experience to NEVER BE BROKE….use that experience as a motivator to want more. If your neighborhood is full of drugs and hard times, don’t give in….instead use that as a motivator to get out and do what others did not.

It’s your life we are talking about…..you can choose to work hard and win or live with excuses and blame the world for what you did not do.

It’s a choice people….I have had millions of reasons to throw my hands in the air and give up….but guess what, I chose to move forward. I chose to do so without the answers and as I continue to move forward I still continue to face new challenges. I do so yes at times with fear, yet my desire to achieve better is greater than my fear. It’s up to me….It’s up to me to get to the next step. Nobody is going to make it happen for me, they can’t…I am my own person, I am responsible for my life, I am responsible for my next step. Will I do good, I do not know but I do know I will move forward no matter what.

Let’s drop all the excuses and hold on to the one reason that makes us give it our all. You deserve better….we all do!


http://www.amazon.com/Life-According-Me-My-Experiences/dp/146854523X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329945936&sr=8-2

1 comment: