Tuesday, July 31, 2012


For this exercise you will need:

  • Post its
  • Pen or Pencil
  • Honesty
  • A wall (one you are not too fond of) 
  • Notebook

1- In each post it write a problem you are dealing with (one problem per post it). Make sure to cover them
    all, if it bothers you….write it down.
2-Choose a wall in your house….
3- Place the post it’s on the wall - we will call this (Problem Wall)
4- Stand with your back to the wall and press against the wall as if you were tied against the wall.
    (Feel the pressure)
5- Feeling the pressure, I want you to begin separating yourself from the Problem Wall - as you do, feel
    your body start to release slowly from the wall, remember the problem wall is trying to hold you and you
    are forcing yourself away.
Feel the feeling of entrapment
6- You are now released, step away and look back……
7- Answer this:  
  • Are there any hands coming out of that wall?
  • Is the wall calling you back to get back into your position of entrapment?
The answer to both questions is NO……

As of the moment of separation, your problems will remain on that wall. They can’t hurt you…..they will remain there until you find resolution for each one (one at a time).

8- Take out your notebook and write…..
Now that my problems live in the past and can no longer hurt me, I will place all my energy in (fill in the blank, your new chapter starts here……………)

Every time you achieve a milestone, you will resolve one problem…..remove that problem from your wall. Keep following your new path; stick to your plan, no deviations, and no matter what. Each step you take toward your goal is the resolution to one of your problems.

This is how I live my life; each day is a step…..each thing I try is with the intention of growing, developing, and expanding. Everything I do is to fix my life and remove the problem, baggage I drag from years of mistakes.

Problems take a toll on your mind, yet you need to remove yourself from the pain, from the entrapment and you need to help your mind focus on what matters……RECOVERY is what matters.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how it goes for you. I found this to help me and I had someone try it and they seemed to find it helpful as well. However its all tied to one's mindset and how willing they are to let go of pain and fear.

    ReplyDelete