Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why do you need a mentor or a coach?

Why do you need a mentor or a coach?


Successful people have mentors, coaches, they do so because they understand and recognize that they don’t know it all and that sometimes they need a little push toward their goals.  




An athlete can get tired, choose to do to train for an hour instead of for two, choose to run at a slower pace, choose to have a heavy dinner……yet their coach is the constant reminder of the GOAL.  The coach is the constant voice pushing the athlete to push harder, do more, and focus on the big picture.   A successful athlete has a coach.

This is true with many successful people from different walks of life.  Could be a coach, could be a mentor.    I personally have a mentor.  I have someone that will remind me of what I already know and that will listen to me and challenge me when I need to be challenged.    I am a strong woman and I am determined to my goals and know exactly what I want…..yet I understand the value of having a mentor.

Change can seem hard, and it can seem even harder when you attempt to do it alone.  A mentor can be a family member, friend, co-worker; you would be surprised on who could be your mentor.   Find someone you can connect to, that you feel comfortable to communicate with clearly, honestly and be open to allow this person help you on your journey to your goals.   

My mentor did not expect to be my mentor, I just liked his thought process and I chose him.   Thank you Dennis!

Find someone…..you will have a higher success rate with a mentor or coach.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks - agree! Shared with our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn connections. http://facebook.com/10daybookclub

    ReplyDelete